Welcome to the first volunteer-powered grocery store.
At Good Grocer, we’re changing how we look at food, groceries, and being part of a community, with a whole new way of running a grocery store.
We’re on a mission to make high-quality groceries more affordable.
Why are Good Grocer’s prices so much lower than other full-service grocery stores? You can thank our volunteers for that. Standard grocery stores require hundreds of employees, which is expensive. So, what do they do? They pass those costs on to their customers. Good Grocer is run by volunteers, which drastically reduces our operating costs, and allows us to pass the savings on to you and everyone else.
Volunteer for a 20% discount.
Want to save even more? Our volunteers enjoy an additional 20% savings on groceries in return for working once every four weeks. Volunteers power every aspect of our store, from managing inventory to stocking shelves, from cooking meals to cashiering and bagging groceries. It’s a fun way to meet your neighbors, grow your skills, and have an impact on food insecurity in our community.
Time flies when you’re doing good.
You only have to work 2.5 hours every four weeks to get your 20% discount. However, many volunteers enjoy the experience so much they ask to be scheduled more frequently, sometimes every week or two. We’re happy to accommodate their requests. Just like if you have a conflict with your shift, we’ll do our best to help you reschedule.
Choose your team.
Are you a people person? A kitchen magician? Or do you prefer running things behind the scenes? Whatever you’re into, Good Grocer has a volunteer team for you.
- Front of House Team: cashiering, bagging (available daily from 7:30am to 10pm)
- Back of House Team: receiving, stocking, cleaning (available daily from 6am to 2pm)
- Administration Team: answering phones, data entry, scheduling volunteers (available Tuesday to Saturday from 9:30am – 4pm)
- Delivery Team: facilitate the pick-up and delivery of online orders (available daily from 3:30-8pm)
- Food Outlet Team: cashiering, bagging, stocking, cleaning (available Saturdays only from 9:30am -2pm)
- Eatery Team: food prep, cooking, barista, cashiering (not available until March)